Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing

• Please log in to reply

cornos

cornos

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a gateway (let me say i hate them) but would there be away NOT to use the restore disk they give when you buy a computer from them like if you use a windows disk that you get from a store

I did try to do this once and it didn't work but i think thats beacuse i have SATA hard drive and I wouldn't know what to do to get it to work

so if anyone can help me with this I would be happy

if i missed any info that would be needed just ask

Edited by cornos, 26 October 2005 - 05:13 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you use a store bought generic windows disk you shouldn't have any serious problems. It may not install all the device drivers but you can always go to the Gateway site for that model and download and install them from there. One thing you might miss is the diagnostics that Gateway includes.