Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird stuff happening on my pc

• Please log in to reply

milanmagan

milanmagan

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
At the bottom left of the screen, above the start button is an icon that says "STATIC"...

It just appeared there a little while ago, and won't go away. I can't click on it or anything, it's just there.

Something else that just happened now - I can't search for anything on my computer. When I go to start, search, it comes up with a blank window...

Also, Moxilla keeps freezing on me. It's been happening for a few weeks actually; I've tried reinstalling it but I still get the same problem. After about 10 minutes of use it will stop working, and it's rendered useless: I can't click on links, I can't bookmark anything, the only thing I can do it exit and start it again...

I noticed something called csrss.exe running on my comp - did a google search and a site said if you have two of them one of them is probably malware or something... I have two of these exes

Can somebody please help me? My computer is really screwed!!!

Thanks

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You need to go to the malware forum for their expertise, but they ask you to first run the tests at this link and post any logs. on that forum

http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

milanmagan

milanmagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
ok cool - thanks.

milanmagan

milanmagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
K - so it took 85 minutes and here's my ewido report:

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 3:43:28 PM, 10/27/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 8AA4AA5A

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Magan.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Cookies\magan@burstnet[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Burstnet : Cleaned with backup
C:\Documents and Settings\Magan.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Cookies\[email protected][1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Masterstats : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.32:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Atdmt : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.33:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Addynamix : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.38:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.46:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.47:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.48:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Hitbox : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Bfast : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.58:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.59:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Statcounter : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.60:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.61:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.62:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Pointroll : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.70:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Overture : Cleaned with backup
:mozilla.76:C:\Documents and Settings\Other.MAGAN-0QEMXNI9D\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\zb6rmjp1.default\cookies.txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned with backup
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ccapp.exe -> Spyware.Chiem : Cleaned with backup

::Report End

I've also run ad-aware (nothing found), CW Shredder, No Adware, Cleanup, Xoftspy, Spybot (came up with a black screen at the end, which only flashed there for a second, weird.) but they all came up 'clean.'

So yeah, the problem remains: moxilla and internet explorer constantly freezing on me (Moxilla especially, even though I reinstalled it the other day)...

And the "search" function is not working when I click on start then search, eg if I want to find a certain file on my hard drive... it just comes up with a blank box without like, keywords and "look in"... :tazz:

Should I post a hijack this log now?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The malware forum, the malware forum!!!

milanmagan

milanmagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts