Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Disk check at start-up fails

• Please log in to reply

Baycityboy

Baycityboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed an additional hard-drive on my computer. I'm running XP with a pentium 2, 425 h. I have everything running and finally got the drive formatted. I now recieve a message on start-up that there is an inconsistency in one of my drives. If I don't cancel the check it hangs up with this message: \system volume Information\_restore {DB9126F6-4507-4333-9DE4-5DCE50F77722}\rp686\A0077095.msi is crosslinked on allocation unit 1441792.
I'm running fat32 and the volume serial number is 3178ODE9.
I did find A0077095, and it appears to be a windows installer package. I thought about just deleting the file, but then I found this forum.
I've can no longer run my defragmentor either.
Thanks for any assistance,
Jerry

Advertisements