Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Question about antivir...

• Please log in to reply

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
since i installed antivir on my comp, it always connects to the internet and is shown in "ACTIVE BAR" in ZA. Then i check my internet connection. It downloads about 10kbyte every second from somewhere.
Is it normal? or something else is running behind?

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
It's most likely doing an automatic update. I don't think there's any spyware. Take a look at cnet's review: http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
anyone has the same problem?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
have you set it as a trusted application? it may be conflicting with zone alarm. General opinion is that it works fine, but doesn't offer the same set of features as AVG or avast. you might want to switch and see what you think.

PANCAK3

PANCAK3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
hi there

under PROGRAM section in ZA, i set it both as trusted apps for "AntiVir Guard/XP Control Program" and "AntiVirus Service for Windows XP/2000/NT"

and thats why i think that it keeps connecting to the internet.

if i set it to "?" (ask) for both programs, they will just shut down automatically with no protection.

I was going to try nod32 or kasper...(whatever how to spell). I know that nod32 is not for free. What about kasper...?