Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD drive can't play DVD's - help please

• Please log in to reply

lothiaz

lothiaz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello

I'm having trouble with my DVD drive. I recently formatted my computer and installed Windows XP pro (use to be Windows XP home on the computer). Everything went fine, i installed the updates for windows and for my firewall/antivirus. All normal. I installed MS office suite e.g. Word, publisher etc. Again like i've all done before after a format. But for some strange reason I can't install a game (Battlefield 2) that is in DVD format from my DVD drive. I thought the disc could be faulty, which obviously would be strange since it worked before the format so i tried 2 DVD movies. But none of them would play (like they have done before hand)!! The DVD drive can only play CD-ROM's. My DVD Drive driver is up-to-date just incase you want to know :tazz:

Please help me!

Thanks

EDIT: Just uninstalled my DVD drive and rebooted the computer to let Windows install it for me again. Still doesn't work!

Edited by lothiaz, 26 October 2005 - 08:56 PM.

Advertisements

lothiaz

lothiaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Please help :tazz:

ComputerJoe

ComputerJoe

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Are you using the latest drivers and firmware?

lothiaz

lothiaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
The thing is, I never updated it before and it worked. I didn't know what company made my DVD drive so thats why i never could update it. That what is odd cos I never have updated it before hand :S

Here are some screenshots if you need them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image