Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

disk 1/0 error

• Please log in to reply

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i get a disk 1/0 error and then after that it says replace the disk, and press anykey...
what do I do?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Hello again! It's entirely possible that your I/O problems are caused by your corrupted BIOS and not a hard drive failure. Do any of your other drives work, the floppy or the cd-rom?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
never mind i figured it out... l o l...the drive has a lot of bad sectors i just jumped it as a slave and threw it on another computer ans am formating it now. Thans again tyger :tazz:

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ya all the drives work two it did the same thing on two completly seperate computers

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Are you making any progress on the Acer/win98 machine?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i have the memory of a gold fish which one is it on again...i dosnt help that i have been takeing tests all day either.l o l