Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Netgear Router Not Working

• Please log in to reply

celticcurl

celticcurl

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,

I am back to plead for your help a second time. You helped me once before with a couple of Trojans that I had gotten. I am now at my fathers house and he is having one heluva time with his internet.

You see, he was using AOL. Recently he switched to Comcast Cable Internet and purchased a Netgear router and wireless card in order to network the computers that are upstairs and downstairs. The upstairs computer is plugged directly into the router and gets internet access just fine. The downstairs computer has the wireless card and gets no connection.

The computer he uses downstairs is a Gateway and the router info is:

NETGEAR
Model # WGT624

My father and I both work from home using the computer. I am upstairs and he is down. I am usually interrupted by him checking his e-mail during the day.

Pleas help us :tazz:

Sincerely,

CelticCurl and DisruptedDad

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have you gone into the router's Setup page and enabled wireless? In most cases the default setting is disabled. You may need tomake some other settings. You will need to do that on the wired machine.

celticcurl

celticcurl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm not exactly sure how to get into the routers start up page.