Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN messenger and other problems

• Please log in to reply

maggotcomrade

maggotcomrade

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My highest was at 83,000 k on EXPLORER.EXE, 64,000, 45,000 etc, and I have asked my friend and he said I shouldn't have anything more than 45,000... I scanned with norton antivirus and other various spyware removers and nothing has picked up. My MSN messenger 7.5 stopped working and whenever I open it it starts to lag really badly when I'm typing my email address and when I click login it brings up the error almost instantly saying it's "unavailable". The funny thing is I am able to sign in on my old messenger but not the 7.5. I tried reinstalling and restarting but it's stil the same.

My laptop has slowed down in general and I don't know why. When I right-click on my desktop it takes about 10 seconds for the menu to pop up. (fyi I just bought this laptop less than 2 weeks ago)

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Have you tried cleaning out your temporary internet files and defragmenting your computer?

If those don't work, download hijackthis and post a log in the malware forum.