Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unknown teredo Fault

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i ran microsoft baseline security analyzer and tells me that
Connection Name : Local Area Connection Exceptions : Ports

Result Details

Connections listed without a score do not have Windows Firewall capabilities.
i followed the instructions to correct the problem by viewing the local area connection properties ->advanced->settings->advanced->local area connection settings and saw a program under the service tab ;a service name Teredo. i disabled it .then did another scan with microsoft baseline security analzer,it passed .But on reboot when i scan it again i saw the same service on the local area connection.How can i delete this ?

Whenever i logon to the computer(winxp home),It freezes for a few minutes(sometimes longer ) while loading the local area connection icon on the right side of the start bar.

Edited by geekooo, 27 October 2005 - 07:00 AM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Did you install Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP? Teredo is part of ipv6, the newer internet protocol that will be phased in to use over the next few years.

Not sure why it is causing the pause, other than if you are using ip6 already...Teredo needs to be functioning to attach to other ip6 devices.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I've had the Toredo tunneling protocol activate on both my XP machines. What is happening is that many serive providers are running short of IPs. When the DHCP server fails to issue an IP the Toredo (named after the sea boring worm) tunneling protocol is activated and is able to make the connection. Disabling it means that your connection may not always be made, or will be slow to be made.