Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM

• Please log in to reply

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
I am trying to decide how much my computer will accept in RAM, I currently have 1024mb of Ram. I guess I have 2 questions

1. How do I determine how much each slot will accept.

2. How do I determine how much TOTAL ram the Mother board will accept?

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hiya,
You can find all that information in the motherboard handbook or on the pc makers website or better yet the motherboard makers website

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
The only problem with that is, I bought the computer from a pawn shop about a year ago... one of those once in a lifetime finds... lol

I do know that the computer as a whole is a chop job... a gamer made it from scratch so I am unable to identify the makers... if anyone knows how to find that out I can get the specifics of the mother board from there?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can dl everest home edition and it will tell you everything you need to know about what's in the machine...well..almost everything
http://www.lavalys.c...cts.php?lang=en

LiaoGoren

LiaoGoren

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
That was an great place to find exactally what I was looking for thanks :tazz: