Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JBL Speakers and Dell Dimension 3000

• Please log in to reply

DTT

DTT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What I did:
I moved JBL speakers from my Compaq Presario 4550 (originally Windows 95) to my new Dell Dimension 3000 (Windows XP) which has an "integrated audio" system. The JBL speakers do not have volume control on them nor do they have an "electrical" plug. The Dell's default media software was Jukebox but I now made it Windows Media Player.

What is happening:
I hear some sound but it's very, very low (including the dial-up modem) despite having set ALL volume controls to max. I have tried all four sound-related plugs and either get no sound at all or very low and only on some sounds. I adjusted the volume settings on both software packages to high but still no luck.

I see prior GTG communications about "drivers" but I don't know much about what they are, how to get new ones, or how to install them.

Thank you.

DTT

Edited by DTT, 27 October 2005 - 02:01 PM.

Advertisements

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
modem sound is controled in modem settings, and usaly comes off the modem itself, did you go in to the volume control in start>programs>accessories>Entertainment?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

You are going to have to invest in a newer set of powered speakers!!

Murray

DTT

DTT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Eddie:

I did check the Accessories Entertainment. The volume settings are all on high no matter which way I use to to check or change it. My boss thinks I need speakers with power controls since I am getting some sound.

Thank you.

DTT

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Howdy and welcome to G2G:

You are going to have to invest in a newer set of powered speakers!!

Murray

Gee.. I though that is what I said !!
:tazz:

Murray

goladith

goladith

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
names not Eddie, thats the name of the guy in my avatar, the Iron Maiden mascot