Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shared printer freezes host computer

• Please log in to reply

jmbmichael

jmbmichael

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How's everyone doing. I'm having a strange problem that I've never ran into before. I have several Dell A920 all-in-one printers and they are having problems when they are shared. I have tried on several different computers to share one of these printers, they work fine as just a local printer, but when I print from another computer it locks up the host computer. It looks like it is trying to pop up a message box but it freezes before it gets up. As soon as I restart the host computer it prints the job. I have several other shared printers and they all work fine, it's just the A920's. If has to be a software problem, like a setting or a permission somewhere. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate any info. Thanks

Advertisements