Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Issues

• Please log in to reply

Steverino

Steverino

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good afternoon,

I will be installing and posting from my computer at home that is infected with at least the Collected.5.L trojan, and possibly several others that AVG has detected in the past couple of weeks.

I have to use bandwidth at work to get my utilities and such, as I dial up at the blazing rate of 21.6 from home!

One of the symptoms that I have not seen mentioned with Collected.5.L that is being exhibited on my computer is that taskmanager will not come up, nor will regedit.... When I do the 3-finger salute to get taskmanager up I will get the icon in the system tray that shows it's been initiated, but when/if I mouse over it, the icon goes bye-bye.

I just want to make certain that I'm taking all the utilities that I need home with me tonight, so if anyone could comment on that portion of my malady, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Currently I run AVG (free version) and also Ad-Aware SE Personal. I'm taking HJT and Panda Titanium 6 home to install. I believe the Panda is also anti-virus software, so I'll have to uninstall AVG. Unless I get feedback to the contrary. I chose the Panda software because of some requests I have seen on the forums for log postings.

Thanks a lot guys, in advance.... I will be posting logs and such in about 5 hours to start on the Collected.5.L clean up.

Steverino

Advertisements

Steverino

Steverino

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, this is just not right.... I extracted HJT into it's own folder, double-clicked the icon and nothing..... Just like when I try and bring up task manager or regedit.

Anyone have a fix? What would cause me to not have those come up to me? They come up fine in safe mode, at least the regedit and task manager.

I'm stuck here, unless I can get HJT to run, so I can at least post logs.

Any help appreciated!

Steverino