Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close

• Please log in to reply

Mark X

Mark X

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have an issue. When I open IE, it comes up with:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the invoncenience.

I can now send a report to Microsoft or not.

The data of this report is:
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2900.2769 Offset: 000a5209

I managed to download Fire Fox from another PC and put it on my PC so I could access you guys.

My machine is XP SP2.

Please help me :tazz:

Thanks

Mark

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Hi Mark,

Try repairing/reinstalling Internet Explorer here: http://www.geekstogo...p?showtopic=251

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Mark X, My PC has been doing a lot of that too, so you're not alone. Have you sent any of those crash reports to Microsoft yet?

Lots of times when you submit a crash report to microsoft they will automatically throw you up a page that tells what is causing the problem, and give you a link to a fix if they have one.

So far their links haven't given me what I need to fix my problem though. Good Luck. Wendy

Edited by wendy k. walker, 27 October 2005 - 11:42 PM.

Mark X

Mark X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys,

Numb Remxed - I willtry that shortcut and will let you know how I get out - Thanks

Wendy - I told Microft about the problem but nothing appeared. I was going through their website about it and found a link that would fix it but I would have to pay for that - so I dont think I will be going there lol

Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your suggestions

Mark :tazz:

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Mark X, Hey are you in the UK or in AU? Just wondering because of the way that you signed off. Heck, every time that I get one of those crashes I will send the error report to Microsoft by clicking the "send report" button.

While that little bugger is doing it's thing you will see three little check marks appear. OK, now most of the time an internet page from Microsoft will open all on it's own, and has that link that I told you about.

However, it does not automatically do that every time. Some times that little error reporting box will just sit there looking at you. Most of the time when that happens, if you will look at the lower left hand side of that little box you will see a note that says something like "for more information", have you noticed that"

If you do click on that link and it will shoot you off to a page that tells you whats wrong. Good luck.

Wendy

Mark X

Mark X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Wendy, I am in london, UK, are you in Australia?

Did I sign off strangely?

I will have a look at what you said - thanks again for your help. I will let you know how i get on!

Thanks

Mark

Mark X

Mark X

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Wendy,

I dont get that link that you were suggesting. I think the only thing I can do is wipe the bugger and start again. I dont mind using FireFox but I like everything to be working if you know what I mean, plus MSN Messenger does not work as well!

Thanks

Mark

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Mark X, No you didn't sign off strangely, it's just that >> I will let you know how i get on! << had sounded a bit British to me, and I know that at times people in AU speak the same way that the British do.

No I am not in the UK nor in AU. I am in the southern part of Louisiana, in the USA.

The next time that I get one of those links I will send it to you through this thread. Bye
Wendy

wendy k. walker

wendy k. walker

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
Hi Mark X, I'm not sure if this will help you, but I just got one of those Microsoft crash report things back, so here's the link >> http://oca.microsoft...a2b5a5&SID=1485 << That will take you to one of the fix pages that I had told you about.
Let me know if it helps any, OK? Bye
Wendy