Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows message

• Please log in to reply

jromer5

jromer5

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hello! I'm having a problem with my wireless connection and I believe it is because of windows. When the computer starts up, I get a message that says that windows is having an IP conflict with another device in the network. However, there is no other device in the network.

When I enter ipconfig in the command line,

I have an IP address for the wireless connection but nothing for the LAN connection. I'm anything but a computer whiz but this doesn't make any sense to me since the only way I am able to connect is through my LAN connection.

Anyway, I don't even know if I am in the right forum. I just thought since the message was coming from windows this is where I should start.

I have windows xp with centrino.

I've been trying to troubleshoot all day and I'm getting a little frustrated. Any help is appreaciated.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
What kind of network? You have, I assume, a wireless router? Then you say LAN.

Are you connected to the network both wireless and hardline?

Are your IP's statically set, or dynamically set.

Need a better description of network