Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sent back to desktop

• Please log in to reply

quietladi

quietladi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Having major problems with computer. I've run virus scans and nothing seems to be helping. No matter what I do, or what site I am on, my computer either shuts down my itself or it sends me back to my desktop and I have to start over again. What is causing this?

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go

Viruses are not the only type of programs causing problems nowadays. Malware takes many different forms and names, and from your description, I'd say you have a malware problem.

Please follow all the directions found here. If the problem persists after you reach step 5, start a topic in the Malware Forum and post a HijackThis log there. If the problem still persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return to this thread and post a reply letting me know that.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 31 October 2005 - 01:01 PM.