Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Style no longer an option

• Please log in to reply

some1kool

some1kool

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just got back from vacation and it seems like my Windows XP has gone with the Window Classic Style for appearance. I tried to do to display settings to change it back to Windows XP style, but it is not there. I know if has been there before. What could of happened to it and how can I get it back? Thanks!!!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi some1kool. Welcome to GTG. :tazz:

Did you go to start>>>control panel>>>taskbar/start options? and then click on the second tab? That should allow you to go to classic style.

bobbywilson

bobbywilson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey, I just found out what the reason for this is (I had the same prob):

Beein geekish as ever, I though I'd disable some of my XP services. Well, I happened to disable the "Theme" - Service (actually, I turned it to manual, which is not sufficient - it has to be automatic),

Switching it back on, I can now even use the much cooler OS X Theme (http://osx.portraitofakite.com/).

Have fun!

BTW: This is not my account. I dont use GTG. I am one lazy "Bugmenot"-User! In case you need some more assistance, mail experience DOT chris $@$% gmx DOT net . I hope I dont get too much spam now. Heh!