Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

formatting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mr G

Mr G

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Here is a challenge for you ,or maybe not...
my daughter has a computer that originally was installed with win98 ( it is about 4 years old) pentium 2, 256k ram...
My daughter's boyfriend in his wisdom decided to put a hooky copy of XP pro on which I am led to believed worked for sometime but because she could not load any window updates I think it may have led to the horrendous trojans spyware etc etc that ended up on the computer.
it was forever crashing and ended up failing to even start the boyfriend has then started to mess with it... he says he tried to delete windows manually (god knows what that means)also changed some of the registry and attemted to format the drive...now when you switch on there is nothing but a blank screen...Is this the end or is there anything that can be done to restore this computer back to the original win 98..
if not my local skip is only 5mins along the road

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

It appears this is a continuation of a thread you started WAY BACK HERE

Please do not start a new post for the same problem..

Murray