Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows loads, but won't respond except for the task manager

• Please log in to reply

Homegirl

Homegirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know that i have been infected. I started running Ad-aware and it was showing all kinds of registry keys, processes, everything. It locked up so I shut the computer down. Now it will load and I log on to any name and the hourglass won't go away. I have started up in safety mode, and was able to run system restore and it still won't cooperate. What options do I have to keep from losing everything?

Advertisements

Homegirl

Homegirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have little red "x"s on the tool bar and a yellow box that is telling that my computer is inspected with spyware and I need to load anti-spyware. There are also new icons that were not there before and I can not open them. The new icons are backup, donmains, and access. What is going on??