Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Belkin Router cannot connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

lorlor

lorlor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Windows XP. I purchased a Belkin F5D7230-4wireless router. I have a Westell Wirespeed B90210015-04 Modem from Verizon DSL. When I ran the router installation cd, everything went well until the internet connection stage. I cannot get this router to connect. I have spoken to both Verizon and Belkin tech support. Verizon blames the router and Belkin blames the modem. I have been told by Verizon that this modem automatically enters bridge mode when it is powered down and then connected to the router. Belkin told me they cannot assist me any further because the modem is not entering into bridge mode. Any tips that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

SandyJax

SandyJax

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Sanity check: You have XP. Turn the firewall on, then plug the PC directly into the modem (leave the router out of it for now). Run the Verizon CD, following all instructions. Prove, once and for all, whether the DSL service works or not.
Assuming that the DSL service works right, THEN we can turn to the router.

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Yeah, definately check that your DSL works first.............. I have had two separate occasions where an EU had DSL probs, and should never have been sold DSL to begin with [outside distance limits]

lorlor

lorlor

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for replying. My DSL Service does work. The issue was with the Belkin Router. I returned it and bought a Linksys. I was up and running in less than 5 minutes.

Jorge Garifuna

Jorge Garifuna

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Incidently I have the same modem from DSLExtreme. Neither DSLExtreme nor Belkin could not help me after 3 hours. I tried the suggestion of leaving that field blank and it worked for me as well.

Kind regards,

Jorge Garifuna
Professional Web Developer
http://www.GariDigital.com