Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with speakers - 8 pin mini DINN connection

• Please log in to reply

MJBBGR

MJBBGR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I replaced the motherboard in my computer and I need to know how I can get the original system BOSE speakers to work (integrated with my monitor). They require a power amplifier and have an 8 pin mini DINN connector. I have the BOSE amp that was cabled to the original mother board via a 10 pin ribbon. This went to a connector labelled 'Audio Amp'. The new mother board does not have this type of connection. Is there any way to re-use this amp or are there other pci slot amps available that have the 8 pin output connector. I seem to only be able to find sound/amp pci cards with regular stereo line in, line out, speaker, etc connectors. The computer was originally an IBM Aptiva model 2140 (A1 motherboard) and the new board is an intel DB850GB (yeah I know it's not REAL new). I have both boards manuals in PDF if it would help.

Thanks in advance,
MJB

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Here is a link to a site that has all kinds of information on cables, connectors, adaptors etc. Maybe you can find some help here: http://www.hardwarebook.net/