Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP SP2 Updating problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
K I admit my Windows system is not genuine. It doesn't pass the genuine test online (unless I change the serial and don't reboot my system). So, I did as Microsoft told - turned my Automatic Update function on.

But a couple of days ago, I find the little yellow icon come up and stay there for a long time yet the download process remained at 0% all the time. I use broadband so that was obviously saying something.

Did Microsoft stop honouring the promise that they'd keep Automatic Update going for pirated users? I know there's a thing called Autopatcher but even the size for its lite version is kinda big. Well not big, just that you need to download all the other things in the package you might not want to install.

Anyone with any solution? Cheers :tazz:

Thank You for your honesty about your version of Windows

Geeks To Go are unable to help anyone who does not have genuine software installed

Edited by Keith, 28 October 2005 - 07:04 AM.

Advertisements