Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to Print & Fax

• Please log in to reply

PateraM

PateraM

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently moved my PC from one location to another within my home. After being set-up at new location, printer was not located by PC, as a result my Hotfax software will not convert documents either. Can anyone help? I have a HP Deskjet 825C. I called their technical support line, but they want to charge me $30 for a printer that I only paid $45 for over a year ago. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
If the only thing you did was physically move you computer the problem must be the cable or cable conenction. You're sure you connected the cable correctly, and that both end are seated firmly?

PateraM

PateraM

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am sure that I connected the cords properly and firmly. I think maybe the USP may be damaged. I plan on purchasing another on tomorrow and trying all over again. I've fixed the fax problem, so now printing is the only issue. If changing the cords doesn't work, what's your next suggestion? <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
My next step would be to remove and reinstall the printer software and drivers.