Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply

sarah4810

sarah4810

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz:

See my avatar? Well it's supposed to be a screen cleaner...the kitty is licking the screen. Does anyone know how I can size an animated gif and it still stays animated? I can't do it!!!
I've downloaded like 3 different programs and I just cannot do it.

Please help!

Advertisements

flowergirl

flowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Trying something.

Posted Image

Nope, he doesn't 'lick' when added to the message area either.
Hmmm, someone more GEEKIE SMART than I will have to solve this problem.

Janie :tazz:

NOW HE IS LICKING....Good Job Geeks

Posted Image

Edited by flowergirl, 28 October 2005 - 04:20 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
are you trying to change the file size...or the geometrical size of it once displayed

sarah4810

sarah4810

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
When I open the image in my computer..it's licking...when I added it to here..it's not.

I don't know if it's file size or the geometrical size of it once displayed. I just know that I need this avatar to be at most 100x100 for it to fit into the forum. But I want it to work.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,046 posts
  • MVP
the forum will resize the image as far as geometrical size..but the file needs to be no bigger thatn 16 Kb

sarah4810

sarah4810

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
right..it's the same with my work forum. I'd really like to use it...do you know if there is any way I can resize it and it will still work?

I downloaded some programs like Advanced GIF Animator and Advanced GIF Compressor but I have no clue how to use them. I've tried and don't know. When I go to the 'help' section..there is none there b/c it's a trial.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
gifs that have been forced to resize by forums will not remain animated. either google for instructions on how to use the programs for gifs that you have, or get either jasc animation shop or adobe imageready, they do a great job on gifs.

sarah4810

sarah4810

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the info.

One of the programs I downloaded is jasc paint shop pro 8..which says it cannot resize gifs (or something like that)...so im guessing jasc animation shop is different...I will look that up.

Thanks.

sarah4810

sarah4810

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks a bunch! I did it.

I have another question...when I try to put it up on my other forum...it says the file has to be under 15kb. It fits in here b/c file has to be under 30kb.

Is it possible to change the size of the file?

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Our policy here is that your sig and avatar need to have a combined total that is lessthan or equal to 16kb.

It allows you to post bigger ones, but we will ask you to change it they are bigger tahn 16kb.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
For your info, sarah4810, you're current avatar with the cat is almost 19 KB. It's about 18.8 KB.

Edited by masterj3000, 28 October 2005 - 10:33 PM.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
to change the size of the file, you can do one of 2 things:

1. make it smaller
2. reduce the quality of each frame

I believe paint shop pro will allow you to do either of those.