Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Its that time again....

• Please log in to reply

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
hey peeps
i am looking into buy a dvd burner. i have few options in mind the NEC DVD Burner Model ND-3540A, SAMSUNG DVD Burner Model TS-H552U/BEBN, and/or LITE-ON DVD Burner Model SOHW-1693S. which one do you guys think will be the better of the lot? also if any one has these burner, can you tell me how well they interact with non-name brand dvds?

i am also looking into buy a better speaker set up. so what would you guys recomend? if there is a set where i can add extra speakers that would be better.

here is my system specs if they are needed
amd 2900(maybe) 209 x 10
256 ram (upgrading later to 512 or maybe a gig)
geforce mx 4000 64 mb(getting a better card in about 2 weeks)
mb = asrock K7S41GX
thanks for the help
PMN

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont have any of those drives but i got a new drive nto long ago, the LG dvd ram drive burns every kind of dvd and cd about at the moment and is nice and fast not a coaster yet even burning at very high speeds, and dvd ram is quite a nice format for keeping data backups even though they are slow to write on.