Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

My Scanner is such a pain!

• Please log in to reply

Rickie

Rickie

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I've been having trouble with my scanner for quite a while now...lemme give you a low down.

It's a HP scanjet 3500c. When I got it, I had a HP compy running on Windows ME. it started playing up then...a few months before I got this new compy with XP on it. Same problem still arises. Everything I can automatically makes it over a 1000 by 1000 pixels big! So I have to resize everything afterwards!

I'm pretty sure there's no problem with the settings of it, i'm just wondering if it's fixable or if I have to get a new scanner.

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hey Rickie,

Your post is kind of hard to read… Is the problem that all your pictures are scanning in at 1000 by 1000 pixels and that you can’t change this setting?

Rickie

Rickie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Yeah...the settings say otherwise, but once it's scanned the picture is always over 1000 by 1000.

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
What is the name and the version of the software you are using to scan. Does not sound like a hardware problem.

Rickie

Rickie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
It's just called "hp scanning"...and yeah, I think thats the problem. When I scan it to photoshop CS2 it's fine...but that takes longer 'cause of the size of that program...XD

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
If you follow this link ->here<- it will bring you to the latest drivers, software and diagnostics utility. I would completely uninstall your scanner software and diver, also if you know the directory it installed it into, delete that as well. Then restart.

When you are done that, install the divers/software you just downloaded.

Give that a try.

Edited by coasttech, 29 October 2005 - 12:08 AM.