Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2000 setup

• Please log in to reply

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I dont need a windows 2000 boot disk to load windows 2000 do I?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi finehout!

No, you only need the windows 2000 CD to install windows 2000 on your computer. Just put the cd in your drive, reboot the computer and when you see the [b]press any key to boot from cd...[/b[ message, press a key and setup will start. If this message doesn't appear, then you need to go into your computer's BIOS and change the BOOT ORDER so that your CD-ROM is booted before your hard drive.

Fenor

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Aliright thats what i thought.... My computer is being stupid and tells me to insert bootable device and dosnt do any thing... do you think it is the cd drive or somthing eles... Keeping in mind that i have installed windows 2000 on it before useing a diffrent hard drive..any suggestions?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is the hard drive your trying to install windows 2000 on new or does it have an operating system already on it?

Fenor

finehout

finehout

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
no but i think it is issues fromthe mother board now anything i hardrive wise i put onto it isnt even recognized..but i was able to boot linux knopix up fron the cd .