Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

weird thing

• Please log in to reply

michald

michald

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hello guys i know you guys are the best so i will ask you a question i don't know why but my computer has difficulties starting some games like BTF 2 F.E.A.R COD2 Star Wars what i mean is that after installation when i try to start the game the box appears and then it goes back to desktop when i checked the task manager the application was there for copuple of seconds and than disapears i just bought the new video card ATI Radeon X700Pro so i don't know if its the video card or not oh and one more thing i format my computer 3 days ago maybe this has something to do with this

thank you for your help

mike!!

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
HIya,
Ok a few qustions first: Did it still do it before you instaled the video card?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
HIya,
Ok a qustions first: Did it still do it before you instaled the video card?

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
yes i even installed the new catalyst control center 5.10 i han 5.8 and 5.8 but before i installed the new card i had a geforce mx 420 64mb and i didn't had those types of problems

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok Have you tried installing the newest drivers for it yet?

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
you mean the display drivers ??

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello michald!

Have you checked the application and system logs for error messages?

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
To do what ZEUS_GB go here

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
For a quick walk through

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
hey guys i know what problem causes that you see i have a 300W power supply my ati radeon x700 needs 300w but there is a lot of different things that are connected to it right? like sound card or processor i know that because my friend post a different topic about that problem on different forum and people over there told him that so now i just need to buy a new power supply i think like 400W for $25 in micro center and am set

thank you for trying to help me

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I just don't get it i bought a new power supply before i had 300W now i have 430W and i exchanged my X700 to All in wonder 2006 edition and the games still won't work i don't know whats wrong maybe i need bios drivers but i never update them before please guys help me oh and one more thing for those who have FEAR you know how you can go to that panel where it shows the resolution and that stuff for me it doesnt show enything

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Have you closed all unnecessary background tasks?

Have you closed/uninstall all CD/DVD cloning/emulation software?
Do you have any third party codec packs installed?
Alcohol 120%, Blind Write, Daemon Tools, Game Jack, Clone CD, Game Jackal, Xoom Game Clone, CD Space, Virtual 7 CD, Fantom CD or Anti Blacxx may need to be either disabled or completely uninstalled as the SecureROM copy protection won't allow them.

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i dno't have this stuff installed on my computer so i know that thats not it i think am going to give my computer to a guy who really knows computers and tell him to fix the problem but i will have to pay but before i do that i have one more quastion maybe i need some type of bios drivers to my motherboard i talk to my friend about that but hes not sure i heard that some people have the some problmes with their games they just don't want to start after installation the game dissapears from the task manager and back to desktop if i only knew what the problem is but ok thank you for your help ZEUS if you had any other ideas please write it