Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Uninstall AOL

• Please log in to reply

chipper

chipper

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I recently moved in with my roommate and she has a laptop. A while back before she had my guidance in knowing to say no to many things computerwise, she tried to install AOL from a disk. I'm guessing it didn't work. Now she wants it gone from her computer but she can't uninstall it from the control panel.

She's running Windows XP.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

keithy397

keithy397

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Did you try Start > Programs > select the prog and look for the uninstall option?

Also, the uninstall file may be on the cd, try re-inserting the cd and look for uninstall.

And, click on short cut on desk top, select properties then Find Target and look for the uninstaller there.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Then after you've done all that go into the registry and remove anything that says AOL. Fortunately it's well labeled so there will be little problem.

chipper

chipper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks for the replies. AOL didn't show up on the start menu so I did a search for any files named AOL and deleted them. Seems to have worked. AOL disappeared from the Add/Remove progams. Hopefully no other problems will result from my rash? deletion.

ETA: Well it restarted without any problems. Thanks again! Now to go at her lappy hardcore and tweak it for all it's worth

Edited by chipper, 29 October 2005 - 08:47 PM.