Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boot failure after partition magic{resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Partion magic crashed my comp and now its unbootable. Boot screen starts, then blue screen. Is there any way to fix the damage without reinstalling recovery disk. I don't have a floppy either.

Edited by Ianzworld, 03 November 2005 - 12:14 AM.

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hiya
What Windows are you running?

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
XP pro. Magic started moving the files or whatever then I left for awhile and when I came back windows had shut down to prevent..blah...blah...blah. Now I can't boot into any mode. The windows screen starts for a couple seconds then blue and more blah blah.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
So exactlly what happen when the windows loade screen comes up?

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
When I turn on the comp, the black screen tells me there was a problem with windows blah blah, then I can choose options ie normal, last good, safe mode etc. None work. Windows acts like its going to start ( the bar moves once then freeze then blue error screen.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Have you tried to fix windows with your xp disk?

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Got no xp disk, just toshiba recovery disc which reformats entire drive (no option), and I'm not sure where it is or if its damaged. I'm assuming that partition magic has moved or damaged the master boot record and I wondered if there is some way to access this from dos or something.

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i would agree i use pm alot and know it can e nasty if it scrwews up umm their is not much you can do with out the toshiba or xp disks so try to find a copy and tell me the results.
Have a good one

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: Oh fudge! Damned pm...and I haven't backed up files for a month...grrrr.