Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD- RW ID Problem

• Please log in to reply

horlor44

horlor44

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have 2x DVD RW drives in my machine.the jumper on the first drive is set to master and the second is set to slave,but when Win XP boots up and I go to My Comp/Drives it sees them as DVD-RW and DVD-RAM! is that right?.
There are also 2 "ghost " drives both marked with the DVD logo which I cannot remove and I dont know what they are??Any clues anyone...Thanks Richard

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi horlor44!

Some DVD R/W drives are seen as DVD-RAM drives by Windows XP. I see this especially in toshiba laptops. Lets take a look and see exactly what you have. Download Everest Home Edition using the link in my signature and install it. Run a system scan and post the results, as an ATTACMENT, to your next post here and we will see what you really have. :tazz:

Fenor

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Sorry Fenor Ive screwed up, it IS a RAM drive ,I must have moved the other RW drive to my other machine. I must have been drunk or something! anyhow, should the DVD-RW be slave and DVD-RAM be master for copying purposes?..Many Thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Really doesn't matter.

Fenor