Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundcard probs

• Please log in to reply

SLG

SLG

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hello all...Hope you can help me

Recently I re-installed my windows ME operating system on my Hi -Grade PC but I'm having a problem getting my sound card working and I'm hoping you guys can help me.

Like I said I re-installed Windows ME and then the driver software for my graphic's card and then my Avance AC'97 for intel Drivers for my soundcard which all came as part of the package when I bought the system a few years ago.

The problem now is that i'm getting no sound apart from if I play a CD through the AV rack. Other than that no other system sounds / media player or ir MP3 are playable

It you go into sound and media in the control panel it shows 'Sound playback preferred device' to be 'No playback device' although the sound recording shows a AVance AC'97 audio.

I've tried installing another driver (realtrack) but to no avail

I am also getting (in PCI communications in device manager - a yellow "?".Does this have anything to do with it?

Can any one please help it's driving me mad!

SLG

Advertisements

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
HIya, welcome to g2g
Yes the yellow ? means the device is not working properlly. Have you clicked on the yellow to see what the problem is and then trouble shot it?

SLG

SLG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

HIya, welcome to g2g
Yes the yellow ? means the device is not working properlly. Have you clicked on the yellow to see what the problem is and then trouble shot it?

Thanks for taking the time

Yeah it says can't find drivers. I have tried looking for them on the disc that came with the system and it just keeps coming back as can't find driver. I am a total novice and haven't got a clue what it is I'm looking for what I need.

Can you help?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You might want to go to the Intel website and look for them. Intel supports their products very well. Also the mobo mfr. may have a download.

The pci commmincations may be a modem or network card. You may need to fix it first. Again, you can usually go to the card makers site and DL the drivers to a floppy.

Edited by Tyger, 29 October 2005 - 12:19 PM.

SLG

SLG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

You might want to go to the Intel website and look for them. Intel supports their products very well. Also the mobo mfr. may have a download.

The pci commmincations may be a modem or network card. You may need to fix it first. Again, you can usually go to the card makers site and DL the drivers to a floppy.

Thanks for your solution and I did go and have a look. Unfortunatley I haven't got the foggiest idea what I'm looking for!!!

Too much of a novice

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hello again
To get the driver for the sound card click Here

SLG

SLG

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Hello again
To get the driver for the sound card click Here

Thank you but I have those drivers already. The download link does not work on that site anyway

Thanks for trying

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i will look for more drivers for it then...tally ho to google

finehout

finehout

banned

• Banned