Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem installing b&w II!

• Please log in to reply

chuunarusamurai

chuunarusamurai

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I get this error when im trying to install it "Black and white II has failed to install. Your system has not been modified.Please re-run installer to try again. Error: Incorrect Function" Can neone help me?

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello chuunarusamurai!

Have you tried using a different CD drive?
Have you tried contacting EA tech support?
Have you tried copying the CDs to your hard drive and installing it from there? (instructions below)

Make a folder on drive C: called BW2_CD, copy all 4 CDs to the folder then run the setup program from there.

chuunarusamurai

chuunarusamurai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
k i'll try the hard drive join

TheCurse

TheCurse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was having the same problem so I tried copying the disks to a folder and on Disk 2 an error comes up similar to the last one. It says "Cannot copy dara3: Invalid MS-DOS Function." Im assuming, since on the error when trying to install was about data3, that for somereason my computer can not read that data from the disk. The cd does not looked scratch and/or dirty. Im wondering if someone could send me the data on Disk 2, if so please email me at [email protected]
-Thanks