Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

issue with programs/shortcuts

• Please log in to reply

charZar

charZar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
upon reboot today, all the icons and shortcuts (desktop and start menu) have yet again disappeared.. i mean, they're there, but they have no real destination or existence. should we run chkdsk again? there must be some miscommunication in the startup or, a loose hinge somewhere.. i dunno..

i guess an easy fix was too good to be true

Advertisements

charZar

charZar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
btw, i'm running chkdsk now

charZar

charZar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
ok, chkdsk worked again.. i'm running the free online panda activescan and it's stalling on explorer.exe.. when there was an error before with the shortcuts, it'd come up with a "error with explorer.exe" note..

i'm thinking explorer.exe has something to do with the problem .... i know, genius..