Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

desktop size shrank

• Please log in to reply

duhduhduh

duhduhduh

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello. For some reason the active desktop is small now, as if in safe mode, but this is happening when booted in normal mode. It is driving me crazy. Nothing in help anywhere on the computer has anything on how to restore desktop to normal size, other than in "Screen Area" (in Control Panel - Display - Settings) which does nothing to fix the problem. HELP! How do I get the desktop back to full-screen?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click the desktop, click properties then settings and are unable to change the resolution from 800 by 600 to 1024 by 768 then clicking apply, something may have upset the video adapter drivers

Re-installing / Updating these should help

duhduhduh

duhduhduh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
That was it! I would never have thought of this, so thank you so much. I had no idea what to do.

I did some searches and found that the maker of my computer has downloads available for updating this. I did, and it's all fixed! THANK YOU!!!!! :tazz: :) :)

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know