Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Norman Personal Firewall

• Please log in to reply

mejlvang

mejlvang

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using windows XP and lately had some problems with my firewall (Norman Personal FW). The firewall don't seem to "remember" what programs I've approved to connect to internet.

Like when I'm using Internet Explorer the firewall asks me if I want to let explorer get access to the internet for every singel homepage I visit.

I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the firewall, but it didn't help.

Anyone got an solution for this problem?

Advertisements

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
Hi Mejlvang

When you receive the pop up asking to allow IE, there should be another option besides the dropdown list showing allow, block, always ask there is a slight small box that you can check to "Remember Settings" or to always allow, something like that, I don't have my cp in front of me at the moment or I would give you better details. :tazz:

mejlvang

mejlvang

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks, but I have checked the "remember this" setting, but the pop up still appears everytime I start IE.