Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

5 minute lockout of programs

• Please log in to reply

Lokey1

Lokey1

• Pip
  • 5 posts
System is running great till i log on to the internet and then I cant access anything for five minutes , it tries to but the hour glass just stops and nothing happens for five minutes or so. Then everything that I tried to access pops up at once. I can enter all my programs as if nothing happened. now if i access IE first while the system is dialing up nothing happens. Please help this is starting to get annoying. Lokey1javascript:emoticon(':tazz:', 'smid_12')
smilie

Attached Files

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run WinsockXPFix from here, near top, then continue with the rest of the guide

The HJT Log is in a different format to the preferred one

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Lokey1

Lokey1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
javascript:emoticon(':tazz:', 'smid_4')
smilie I think that did the trick ran winsockxp then rebooted system and logged on and everything was as it should be. Thanks you very much. and it helps to add the attachment. so here it is.