Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lost in virtumondo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Deb S

Deb S

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi helpers,
Thank you for being here!!!! I am VERY new to computers and teaching myself so bear with me.
Off and on for about 8 days I have been fighting winfixer/now showing itself to be VIRTUMONDO
I think they are the same??
I have all the windows updates/XPSP2 current antivirus and of a few days ago I downloaded
microsoft beta 1 sypware protecter and also Ad Aware sypware, they both detect virtumondo but I can't get
them to totally delete.
I don't know how to find and send the file log that everyone seems to be sending so I am hoping that you
could start me there and let me know what else I need to do to get the right information to you.
I hope you can remember being a BABE on computers and tell me in lay terms how to do what I need to do..Once again, I truely appreciate all the help.. Hope I am not a hopeless case..Deb S

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Wecome Deb to Geeks to Go!

Can you post me a HijackThis log? We can start from there.