Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox

• Please log in to reply

Tixbomber

Tixbomber

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I want to use FireFox as my main browser. Without deleting IE, what can I do to keep security tight on IE?

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
do you have service pack 2 and all the IE updates?

sp2 has a decent pop up blocker for IE. all the IE updates should stop anything from getting in. I sometimes install google toolbar also. IE is so deeply integrated into the system that removing it will make other stuff not work either, not forgetting that its the only browser windows update can run successfully on.

find google toolbar at http://toolbar.google.com

Jayzeee

Jayzeee

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
You could also install IE-Spyad

IE/Spyad places over 4000 websites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (Cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.