Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard MS-7037

• Please log in to reply

Ron Townsley

Ron Townsley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
To whoever can help me. I have searched repeatedly over the manufactures website to find out how I can set the fsb on this system. I have Microstar 865GVM2-LS (MS-7037-020) Pentium4 478Pin DDR Motherboard (800FSB) with an intel Celeron 325 d processor. The system is up and running fine. What I am trying to figure out is how to set the fsb. I have been all through the bios to figure this out and I have not been able to find a setting that will change the fsb. Right now what I am figuring is that the fsb is set at 100 mhz. The board supports up to 800 and has supports for 533 mhz which is the speed of my processor. I am getting this information from belarc.com which is a useful tool that informs you about some of the settings and program installations that you have on your system. I am not to sure that that the fsb is actually at 100mhz. If nothing else could someone tell me how I can find out what my fsb is at if belarc is not in fact correct. I have looked for jumper settings and in the bios and I am becoming more and more fustrated. So once again could someone please give me help. Thank you kindly in advance for your consideration.

s
Processor Supports Socket 478 for Intel Pentium 4 (Northwood/Prescott) processor
Supports up 3.2 GHz/FSB 800
Supports FSB 400/533/800 MHz
Chipset Intel Springdale 865GV Chipset
Supports FSB *400 (Northwood only)/533/800 MHz
Support Single or Dual channel DDR 400/333/266 non-ECC memory up to 4GB
Integrated Graphics controller
Intel ICH5 Chipset
Integrated Hi-Speed USB 2.0 controller, 480Mb/sec, 8 ports
2 Serial ATA/ 150 ports
2 channel Ultra ATA 100 bus Master IDE controller
PCI Master v 2.3, I/O APIC
Supports both ACPI and legacy APM power management Serial ATA/150
Front Side Bus Support 400* (Northwood only)/533/800MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus.
Main Memory Supports 4 unbuffered DIMM of 2.5 Volt DDR SDRAM
Supports up to 4GB memory size
Support Single or Dual Channel DDR 400*/333/266 MHz and up (*In order to use DDR 400, FSB 800 CPU is required)
Due to the High Performance Memory design, motherboards or system configurations may or may not operate smoothly at the JEDEC (Joint Electron Device Engineering Council) standard settings (BIOS Default on the motherboard) such as DDR voltage, memory speeds and memory timing. Please confirm and adjust your memory setting in the BIOS accordingly for better system stability.
Example: Kingston HyperX DDR500 PC4000 operates at 2.65V, 3-4-4-8, CL=3.
For more information about specification of high performance memory modules, please check with your Memory Manufactures for more details.
Expansion Slots Three PCI 2.2 32-bit Master PCI Bus slots. (support 3.3v / 5v PCI bus interface)
BIOS The mainboard BIOS provides "Plug & Play" BIOS which detects the peripheral devices and expansion cards of the board automatically.
The mainboard provides a Desktop Management Interface (DMI) function which records your mainboard specifications.
On-Board IDE Dual Ultra DMA 66/ 100 IDE controllers integrated in ICH5
Supports PIO, Bus Master operation modes
Can connect up to 4 Ultra ATA drives
Serial ATA/ 150 controller integrated in ICH5
Up to 150MB/s transfer speed
Can connect up to 2 Serial ATA drives
Video Intel Extereme Graphic 2: Also knowns as DVMT2 (Dynamic Video Memory Technology 2.0), it will assign up to 64MB with total system memory 192 MB or above.
Audio 6 Channels software audio codec C-Media 9739A
Compliance with AC97 v2.2 Spec
Meet PC2001 audio performance requirement
Support SPDIF out via 3-pin SPDIF bracket only
LAN Realtek 8100C
Integrated Fast Ethernet MAC and PHY in one chip
Supports 10Mb/s, 100Mb/s
Compliance with PCI 2.2
Supports ACPI Power Management
On-Board Peripherals 1 floppy port supports 2 FDDs with 360K, 720K, 1.2M, 1.44M and 2.88Mbytes
1 serial port COM A ; 1 VGA port
1 parallel port supports SPP/EPP/ECP mode
8 USB 2.0 ports (Rear x 6 / **Front x 2) (**Front USB ports are supported by pin-out)
1 Line-In/Line-Out/Mic-In port
2 PS/2 connectors
1 LAN RJ45 connector
Dimension 24.5 cm(L) x 24.5 cm(W) Micro-ATX Form Factor

:tazz:

Advertisements