Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Halloween Christmas shopping rant and....

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Yes, I have started seeing Christmas Decorations and products in some of the shops here making me wonder if Geneva isn't a little bit overdoing it. Anyway, isn't it time that we suggest to them promoting the Santabunnywitch so that we could just buy the one product line three times a year: Santabunnywitch eggs, Santabunnywitch sweets and Santabunnywitch presents.

Edited by fleamailman, 29 October 2005 - 06:50 PM.

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Grrr, I was driving home 2 week ago after a 15 hour day in the office ( mind you this was 2 weeks prior to Halloween ) My usual drive home when something caught the corner of my eye, Fat guy, white beard, red suit, Thought the long hours were playing tricks on me !!!! Nope sure enough (I just had to pull into the parking lot ) there it was the first official Chrismas display !!!!!!!

Seriously folks can we please go back to waiting till after Thanksgiving ???????
I can see it now we will be spending our 4th of July weekend running to do Christmas shopping to beat the crowds in a couple years,,

We talk about rushing things but this is just getting out of controll, Sure the retail guys love it...

Can we just enjoy each holiday for what they are and not force the next one before the prior has even gotten here ???

Should stop now before I get in trouble

Merry X-mas and a happy new year :tazz:

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I saw a Christmas commercial about a month ago... :tazz:

Seriously folks can we please go back to waiting till after Thanksgiving ???????

My dad has always been good about this. We always decorate the day after Thanksgiving.

jasper the rasper

jasper the rasper

• PipPipPip
  • 867 posts
What gets me is that I received 2 christmas cards at the end of last month and 1 at the beginning of this month. Now that is getting sad, just why do people have to do this so early?.

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
Heh ... you know those people that leave their Christmas lights up all year? ... well ....
:tazz:

kraz3d

kraz3d

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
:tazz: people on my street already have decorations up :)
--KrAz3d--

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Heh ... you know those people that leave their Christmas lights up all year? ... well ....
:)

REDNECK!!!!!!!!!!!

you know I :) you kiddo!

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Jasper the rasper

What gets me is that I received 2 christmas cards at the end of last month and 1 at the beginning of this month. Now that is getting sad, just why do people have to do this so early?.

You are presuming that they are early. It could well be that they are late, very late.

Trevuren

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
My wife works in retail, talk about a night mare.

the other day she came home from work and was complaining about the fact that they are already getting their christmas merchandise in. then to top it off Santa is coming to the mall on monday to start his daily ritual.

as for christmas shopping, well I start doing that the day after christmas, thats when everything is reasonably priced. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Steamhead

Steamhead

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

REDNECK!!!!!!!!!!!
you know I :) you kiddo!

lol , well ... I don't want to hurt myself getting up on the roof to take them down! ... yea that's it ... :)

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Walked my son to school today, and the crews were out hanging Christmas wreathes from the streetlights and the library has their tree set up in the front window. Sigh.

Johanna