Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Blocking by Itself

• Please log in to reply

samrhett2

samrhett2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My mom is running Win98SE. Her Outlook Express 6 has started blocking the addresses of anyone who sends her an email. Example: If I send her an email, the message is received. If she goes into blocked senders, my address will now appear as blocked from being received in the future. She will unblock it and the next time it will happen again.

I have looked through everything and can't understand why it is doing this. I have had suggestions to uninstall OE and reload it. I have told her we can backup her email, but she does not want to do this. Is there any way to fix this without uninstalling?

She automatically adds addresses of those she replies to. Could that be part of the problem?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Hi samrhett2,

If you goto Tools > Message Rules > Mail does your mum have anything in the Rules Description Box that could be causing the problem?

samrhett2

samrhett2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, what I figured it out and now I have the same problem. The first message rule option is checked. "where the from line contains people" I tried to uncheck it and it says that I "must create a new rule" and will not let me uncheck the option without creating a rule. The address that I had highlighted in my inbox is now blocked.

I went into blocked senders list and that addressee is now blocked. I unblocked it, when back into message rules and it is blocked again.

The only thing I could do to fix mine for now is to choose another rule, "flag messages from this person" Hope this helps someone figure out what I'm missing here.

I need a Geek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!