Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taskbar Icons

• Please log in to reply

theFatTubist

theFatTubist

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Howdy

I have plenty of services that startup with my computer - Antivirus (AVG), Ad-aware ad-watch, Microsoft Anti-Spyware (beta), Steam, volume control for my Creative sound card, AT&T DSL service icon... maybe a couple others.

My problem is that the icons associated with these programs sometimes display themeselves in the taskbar, and sometimes they don't. It's not a matter of the auto-hide feature, or a problem with the programs starting up altogether - the processes are running, but there is no icon in the taskbar. And I know that an icon is supposed to be there as they have appeared before. Whether or not they actaully appear seems to be random.

Another problem wich may or may not be related is that I found the clock on my computer was 20 minutes ahead... how does something like that happen?

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I have seen on some computers in my house that same thing, the down side it I also can't fix it. I believe it to be a bug in the programs, because I only find that certain programs do it. I am really sorry I can't help more.

It has nothing to do with the clock. If you double click the clock a little window pops up and you can correct the time.

Again sorry I can't help more.