Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stereo mix

• Please log in to reply

Flawed

Flawed

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was happly working on a halloween project when desided that I needed to convert a midi to a wav...I downloaded a rather shady program (don't remember the name)...yes I know it was really dumb. Now when I try to record anything with my microphone using the stereo mix line like I always did before, it records what's coming out of my speakers instead.....thanks for the help

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, control panel, sounds speech and audio, sounds and audio to look at the audio and voice tabs to see the default device for recording

Click apply on each tab if you change anything

Flawed

Flawed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried that..there is only one thing one the list (it was like that b4 I started having to problem)