Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is dying a slow and miserable death - please help!

• Please log in to reply

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Sorry I have been so long getting back to you - I have had ISP problems of my own!!

I don't think I was giving you enough info. re, the boot disk download. (sorry) :tazz:

Try this: Go to Bootdisk.com and download your selected Boot Disk to the hard drive of your computer
- could be C:\ MyDocuments or another folder of your choice. ( please make a note of both the file name [from the download box] and the destination folder.

After the download insert your blank floppy in the drive, locate the folder and click on the Bootdisk Icon.

It will say something like "insert floppy to write". Click ok. It will write to, and create, your Boot up disk.

Now go back to my previous post ( post 10 ) which explained what to do when you get to the DOS prompt.

:)

Edited by 1069, 31 October 2005 - 01:20 PM.

Advertisements

tessybrooker

tessybrooker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello 1069, and all who have posted help for me here.

I was FINALLY able to get a good boot disk and get everything all fixed up on the computer following your directions!

Thank you so much for being so patient with me and giving me your help and attention. It truly saved the day!

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Glad that I could help :tazz:

Is everything back to normal?

Take this opportunity to backup your important files.

Edited by 1069, 31 October 2005 - 04:26 PM.

tessybrooker

tessybrooker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Everything seems fine. Already started with the back ups!

Lesson learned!

Thanks!

:tazz: