Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Radeon 9200 problem

• Please log in to reply

Luckey

Luckey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 4700. I got a ATI radeon 9200 from a friend of mine. I installed the card and it worked fine and installed fine. then I restarted and it worked up till windows. I finally figured out I have to disable my integrated video card for it work. I then tested Warcraft 3 and it worked fine till game play when I started to get some static and lines. then it started everywhere. from my BIOS screen to windows. and when I select areas or scroll the whole field turns reds. the lines on my moniter now are red too. I'm not sure what to do. I have messed with some things to try to fix it with no luck and reinstalled the drivers but all to no avail. I have a generic hp moniter thats fairly old. and I am running WinXP. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Advertisements

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
If the flaws are apparent in BIOS then the card is almost certainly bad. You can try reseating it, just in case it's a dodgy contact, but the only way to really be sure is to try it in another computer.

No need to let the other computer boot through (then you have driver issues), just putt around in BIOS and see if the same errors come up.

Luckey

Luckey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I reseated the card and booted up with no problems. I installed and played a little Halo to test it and it I started getting intermitten problems where the parts of the screen would just go berserk in color. After I exited the game it was no problems. It seems my games seem to bring the problems. Anybody got any ideas how to stop that?

Luckey

Luckey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I let my comp sit for a few min. Then opened Opera in the garbled red lines came back. FYI.