Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse not working

• Please log in to reply

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic Labtec Mouse-(4)
Date2nd Nov-2005

I said to [Update TO Labtec Driver] – Using [Device Manager]
– NOT –
To [Update Labtec Driver] – Using [Device Manager]

However – The Mouse should work with a [Windows Basic Mouse Driver] – but I think the Basic Driver that you originally had was replaced - With a Driver that PnP is not compatible with your Mouse – For whatever reason – Bill Gates finds objectionable to/with – (??)

1- Open [Device Manager]
2- Set to View [Hidden Devices]
3- Expand [Mice & other Pointing Devices]
4- Double Click [PS2 Port Mouse]
5- Click [Driver] Tab
6- Click [Update Driver]
7- Click [Next]
8- Follow Instructions – Click [Have Disc] – Follow instructions –

This will install the Labtec Driver – If you have the CD – that contains the Mouse Driver – If not then let [Device Manager] find a suitable [Mouse Driver] – Instead of [Using CD] - Read Link below – I think your problem is contained/addressed here-

You said that you had a {Wireless Mouse & Keyboard Set] before – Read the section about [Uninstalling Previous Software] - & [Hardware Detection] Problems –

You may have to use the [Control Panel] folder > [Add/Remove Programs]

[Device Manager] is how you do this – Manually – You cannot just [load] a Driver – You [Install] them – either Automatically by [Add/Remove Hardware] in [Control Panel] or Manually by [Device Manager] –

http://labtec.custhe...li=&p_topview=1

I do not have a [Wireless Mouse] on my system – so I cannot duplicate/simulate your issues on my computer –
plus – I have WIN 2K Pro OS – which is somewhat different than XP – so I cannot give exact Step by Step Procedure –

What is/are the Driver/s listed under [Driver Details] in [Device Manager] with this Mouse - & what are the details when you use the [Wired Mouse] – Might be able to advise – If you can Post this info back –

Also you might as well Download the Free Home Edition of [EVEREST] from Link below – Install & Run – I will give additional instructions later
http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en
Jack123

Advertisements

scott452

scott452

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hi
have been away for a few days
thanks for replying
i'll try the above tonight

scott

scott452

scott452

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hi

i deleted every mouse driver restarted and the wireless mouse didn't work. so i plugged in the wired mouse and restarted and that did work.

yeah i updated the driver from the cd and it went to PS/2 compatible mouse driver instead of the microsoft PS/2 driver but still when i restart the mouse doesn't work

the drivers are under the wireless mouse are:

C:\.....\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys
C:\.....\system32\DRIVERS\mouclass.sys

the drivers under the wired mouse are the same ones

the everest report is if that is of any use:

Attached Files

Edited by scott452, 06 November 2005 - 03:21 PM.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic Labtec Mouse-(5)
Date 7th Nov-2005

Ok – Lets start over – I need a new [Snapshot] of Problem –
1- Did you ever get the [New Wireless] to Install –
2- Does [Device Manager] show any [Unknown Devices] –
3- Does [Device Manager] show any [Yellow Warning Signs] –

The Everest Report shows some conflicting data –
1- I do not see anything about a LabTec Device – I do not see Receiver –
2- [IRQ 18] is shared with U.S. Robotics 22Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter #2 and with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
3- Is the Texas Instruments 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter – a USB Device
4- Is the Wired Mouse that you are using – Logitech PS/2 Port Mouse

Need the following info – Post Back info:

1- Define all details of Original Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set –
2- Define all details of LabTec Wireless Mouse Set
3- Define details of Cable Modem
4- Define U.S. Robotics 22Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter in PCI Slot #2
5- Define Texas Instruments 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter
6- Verify that PCI slot is Empty – or define what is connected in Slot 1
7- Did you Uninstall & Remove Old Wireless Receiver
8- Did you Install new Wireless Receiver
9- Was old Keyboard & Mouse Wireless set – USB or PS2 Input Device -
10- The – C:\.....\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys Driver is a valid – WIN 2000 XP – PS2 Mouse Driver
11- The – C:\......\ – is a Class Type Mouse Driver – which I think is a USB Mouse Driver
12- Turn the [Wired] Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible
13- Turn the New Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible
14- Turn the Old Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible

I know I ask for a lot of info – I am beginning to think that you have not properly uninstalled the Original Wireless Input Devices – Thereby preventing a Proper Installation of the New Wireless Set – The Everest Report supports this theory –

Jack123

scott452

scott452

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
hi

Ok – Lets start over – I need a new [Snapshot] of Problem –
1- Did you ever get the [New Wireless] to Install – [color=#FF0000] the installation cd said it had installed properly and in the control panel - mouse, it is modified ( there are a few more tabs at the end with the Labtec sign on)
2- Does [Device Manager] show any [Unknown Devices] – [color=#FF0000] no (not quite sure what you mean, i am assuming other devices with the yellow warning sign although that is below)
3- Does [Device Manager] show any [Yellow Warning Signs] – [color=#FF0000] no

The Everest Report shows some conflicting data –
1- I do not see anything about a LabTec Device – I do not see Receiver –
2- [IRQ 18] is shared with U.S. Robotics 22Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter #2 and with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
3- Is the Texas Instruments 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter – a USB Device [color=#FF0000] no it's a pci card
4- Is the Wired Mouse that you are using – Logitech PS/2 Port Mouse [color=#FF0000] that is my old wireless mouse but i am sure that isn't conflicting as there was never any software installed

Need the following info – Post Back info:

1- Define all details of Original Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Set – [color=#FF0000] logitech mouse and keyboard. hte receiver has a usb port and a purple keyboard ps/2, but i have only plugged in the usb as it has worked that way (i don't think you need to plug in the purple one)
2- Define all details of LabTec Wireless Mouse Set [color=#FF0000] http://www.labtec.co...8,contentid=710 if that's any help
3- Define details of Cable Modem [color=#FF0000] from blueyonder, its a Motorola SURFboard SB5100 USB Cable Modem. its on a wireless network so the modem is going into the router, router to two wireless cards.
4- Define U.S. Robotics 22Mbps Wireless PCI Adapter in PCI Slot #2 [color=#FF0000] what do you want me to tell you
5- Define Texas Instruments 802.11b+ 22Mbps Wireless Adapter [color=#FF0000] i pretty sure that is the same thing as above
6- Verify that PCI slot is Empty – or define what is connected in Slot 1 [color=#FF0000] nothing
7- Did you Uninstall & Remove Old Wireless Receiver [color=#FF0000] never was installed, there was no software installed, removed all old drivers
8- Did you Install new Wireless Receiver [color=#FF0000] by install do you mean cd install, i did that,
9- Was old Keyboard & Mouse Wireless set – USB or PS2 Input Device - [color=#FF0000] usb
10- The – C:\.....\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys Driver is a valid – WIN 2000 XP – PS2 Mouse Driver
11- The – C:\......\ – is a Class Type Mouse Driver – which I think is a USB Mouse Driver
12- Turn the [Wired] Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible
[color=#FF0000] this is all that is printed on underside (not sure if is helpful)
IntelliMouse PS/2 Compatible
PN: X05-53748
Product:63618-OEM
13- Turn the New Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible
[color=#FF0000] this is all that is printed on underside (not sure if is helpful)
PID: PN52M1
P/N: 852492 - 0000
M/N: M-RBD109
14- Turn the Old Mouse Over and Post Back info – That is printed on the underside –
A- USB Compatible
B- PS2 Compatible
C- USB & PS2 Compatible
M/N:M-RN68
P/N: 851538-0000
FCC ID: DZL201440
S/N: LZB13362392

[color=#FF0000] this is for the receiver:
P/N:C-SJ42
M/N:852404-0000
PID:PN52R1

[color=#FF0000] if this isn't the info you want about the mouses, then not sure where to find it

thanks, scott

p.s. this is completly random but when i have both mouses plugged in (old wireless usb mouse + new wireless mouse) and when i move them both nothing happens but when i move the old wireless usb mouse it moves. useful?

Edited by scott452, 08 November 2005 - 11:57 AM.

scott452

scott452

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
-

Edited by scott452, 08 November 2005 - 11:22 AM.

scott452

scott452

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
any luck jack123??

mr2000jp

mr2000jp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
you where trying to fix this issue in the windows , but its not a windows issue , its a bios issue , some bios's are not freindly with this type of mouse , thats why it doesnt get to start comunicating with it when you start the computer, which is needed to be done , so after that the windows could detect it and give it a driver , see
that means that if you could manage to get the bios to detect it then its done , need to play around a bit with the bios settings , i did with mine but still no luck because the required options is not available in my bios settings , may be this will be solved in the next bios update , try to update your bios (be carefull)
there is one more thing , this might fix the problem , ill try it soon , if you used a ps2 to usb connector and pluged your mouse to the usb and activated the option in your bios setup that says , usb mouse support ,this might fix it ,simply because the usb is hot plugable , and can do a redetect any time not just at the start up , ill post the results after i test it

Pelle Chevelle

Pelle Chevelle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought a sovitin PS2 - USB adapter and it worked just fine :-)
http://www.clasohlso...p?art=324024000
It's got power on reset & watchdog timer reset (whatever that means?)

Edited by Pelle Chevelle, 28 August 2006 - 10:11 AM.