Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Burning Help Please!

• Please log in to reply

borrower5

borrower5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there

First time posting in here, bit of a PC novice so wondered if anyone can help me with some problems I've been having.

Have previously successfully copies cds from audio cds using the cd writer I had installed on my machine but recently found that after going through the burning process, it had copied the tracks but they were silent! Thought it may have been a problem with the cd writer so today have been out and bought a new dvd writer only to find still have same problem happening!

Can't think that it's a problem with soundcard or speakers as the cd PLAYS when it is in this drive, it is only when I come to playback the cd that I have copied that the tracks are silent - when trying to play the cd back through media player, the tracks do appear in the now playing box as if they have copied i.e. track 1, track 2 etc but there is just no sound!!

I have Windows Millenium on my machine and have been using three types of copying software - through Windows Media Player, Nero and Roxio.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this problem could be?? I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks a lot

:tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
If you play the copied cd through a portable cd player or similar do you get the same result?

borrower5

borrower5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Thanks for reply.

Yep, get a silent cd when trying to play it on stereo and portable cd player.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot :tazz:

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Have you tried saving data to a cd - a word file say - and can you access this after burning it?

I have no ideas as yet - Which software are you using - and are both installed or did you remove the first?