Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen.

• Please log in to reply

Splat

Splat

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Recently I've been getting a blue screen of death, and I don't know why :) it says

INVALID_WORK_QUEUE_ITEM

Check to make sure anynew hardware or software is properly installed, if this is a new instalation, ask your software or hardware manufacuturer for any windows updates you may need.

If problem continues disable or remove any new hardware or software. Disable BIOS options such as memory caching or shadowing.

Technical information:
***STOP:0x00000096 (0xFF7254FO,0x86561440,0x86561440,0xF96C1BF0)
***NDIS.sys-address F96C1BFO base at F96BB000, date stamp 41107EC3

It then says begining physical memory dump
end of physical memory dump.

I went to windows update to see if I could find any new updates for my computer but there wasn't any, I just have no idea what my computer is doing :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This can be one of a few things:

1) Driver problem - ndis.sys is usually network adaptor driver which is generic for Windows and not all systems will like it depending on the hardware involved. Find out which network adaptor is in use then go to the manufacturer's site.

2) Lack of disk space.

3) Faulty hardware, maybe memory.

4) Incompatible BIOS, may or may not be solved with a BIOS update.