Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pulled out of Game

• Please log in to reply

bludevil631

bludevil631

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When i am runnning a program like a game and i am playing every few mins i am pulled out of the game like a I minimized it. I expect a pop up to be there nothing is there.... I would really like to fix this if any1 has any input please post

Edited by bludevil631, 30 October 2005 - 10:53 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I am not real sure I understand your question, but I will take a shot at it. I understand you have minimized the game program. It should be visible in the system tray at the bottom of your screen. I am not aware of any pop up associated with this. Please clarify.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Are you sure it's minimizing or is it crashing completley? You could be getting a CTD and that could be an issue with the game itself.

tomcat

tomcat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Does it only happen while gaming? What OS are you using? If Win98, shut down all unneccesary things running in the background that you don't need. Also, update your video driver. I have found that most of all my gaming problems have been due to outdated video drivers. Also, it could be not enough ram installed, but I would expect an error message to pop up if that was the case. If you do have win98, and by shutting down progams running in the background cures it, you will have to shut them down one at a time to find out which one is causing the problem.

just my stab at the problem. :tazz:

TC

bludevil631

bludevil631

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey and thanks for your responses. To try to clarify when i am playign CSS or WoW it only happens. Now there is no pop up.....there uses to be a error message accosiated with Internet explorer which i dont use, i use mozilla firefox. I also do not have a win98. Yes it only happens when i am playign games. And what is a Ctd and if you think updated anythign will help just send a link. thanks alot.

MikeFromNY

MikeFromNY

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
CTD - Crash To Desktop... Basically, if you're CTD'ing, you have to start the game again, not just alt tab it back up. Is that what's happening?

bludevil631

bludevil631

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I do no think it is CTDing because i just hit the tab and it brings it back up...but it is still very annoying and when i am running AIM there is a pop up... and sometimes there isnt it is very tricky to figure out.